Islam is truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to teaching true islam of ALLAH

You are not connected. Please login or register

Imam Hassan's (a.s) Treaty with Muawiya

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Imam Hassan's (a.s) Treaty with Muawiya Empty Imam Hassan's (a.s) Treaty with Muawiya Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:45 am

Shia_4eva

It has been said that Shias attribute kufr to Mu'awiyah because he fought Ali (a.s). However, the fact is that Imam Hasan bin Ali (a.s) made peace with Mu'awiyah…So, did the "infallible" Hasan (a.s) made peace with a kafir and gave him the leadership??
Even if someone calls Muawiyah a Kaafir, then that is no insult on Imam Hasan (as) for making peace treaty with him, since our infallible Prophet (s) negotiated peace with the kaafirs at Hudaibiya, contrary to the criticisms of `Umar.
we shall now explain why Imam Hasan (as) made peace with Mu'awiya, and shall counter the claim that his making peace proves that Mu'awiya was the rightful khalifa.
We read in Sunan Tirmidhi, Volume 2 page 169 Bab Tafseer al Qur'an and al Bidayah wa al Nihaya, Volume 8 page 21, Dhkir Khilafath Hasan:

"When Hasan made peace with Mu'awiya, one individual stood up and said 'You have blackened the face of the believers'. He replied 'Do not get upset with me, the Prophet saw in a dream that the Banu Umayya were climbing on to his pulpit. Upon seeing them on his pulpit the Prophet (s) was very saddened, so al-Kauthar descended- it means a river in the paradise - and then descended "We have descended it in the night of Qadr, a night better than thousand months" {Qadr 1-3}. Let it be acknowledged here that Banu Umayya ruled for 1000 moths It will be owned by Bani Umayyad after you O Muhammad."

The Prophet (s) saw the Banu Umayya climbing onto his pulpit. Mu'awiya is from the Banu Ummaya. It was incumbent on the Prophet (s) to explain how this sad state of affairs could be prevented, so as to prevent the Banu Ummaya from attaining power and occupying his seat.
We read in Shaykh Mufti Kamaluddin Ibn Talha Shafiyee recorded in Matalib al Seul:

When the battle came to an end Imam Hasan gave a sermon wherein he said'People of Allah! You know that Allah (swt) guided the people through my grandfather, and saved you from error and took you out of Jahiliyya. Mu'awiya has fought me over that matter which is my right not Mu'awiya's. I was worried about protecting the Ummah, and you gave me bayya on the condition that you make peace with whoever I make peace with and fight whosever I fight. I looked at the problems and made peace with Mu'awiya and put an end to war.

The comments of Imam Hasan (as) prove that Mu'awiya was not entitled to the Khilafath, rather he deemed him an unjust thief, and he made peace due to difficulties, and made peace like the Prophet (s) did with the Kufafr of Makka. In the same way objections and wrong interpretations cannot be brought for the Prophet (s) making peace with the Kuffar of Makka, the same is the case with Imam Hasan (as) making peace with Mu'awiya.
We read in 'Maqtal Hussain' and 'Asadul Ghaba' that Imam Hasan (as) said:

"Verily, the matter in which I and Muawiya disputed, either this is my right, and I left this in Muawiyah's favour in order to protect the Ummah, or this is the right of a person who is more deserving for this post, hence I left this on account of that person".

The words of Imam Hasan [as] prove that he [as] deemed caliphate to be his own right and did not deem Muawiyah to be eligible for that responsibility but since Muawiyah was a terrorist and wasn’t hesitant in shedding the blood of innocents thus Imam Hassan [as] accepted the treaty which doesn’t mean he accepted the caliphate of Muawiyah.
Imam Ibn Hajar Asqalaini records in Fathul Bari:
اني اشترطت على معاوية لنفسي الخلافة بعده

"Hasan said:'I placed a condition on Mu'awiya that I will become leader after Mu'awiya"

al Bidaya:
وقد كان معاوية لما صالح الحسن عهد للحسن بالأمر من بعده

"When Mu'awiya made peace with Hasan, he made a promise that leadership would go to Hasan after him"

Sahih al Bukhari makes it clear that a hypocrite is one who makes a promise and then breaks it. The peace treaty exposed the hypocrisy of Mu'awiya, and his enmity to the family of Maula'Ali (as). The treaty was set up to show to the Ummah that he was a hypocrite and his breaking of this promise through the poisoning of Imam Hasan (as) made this absolutely clear. Allah [swt] says in Holy Quran (13:25)

But those who break the Covenant of Allah, after having plighted their word thereto, and cut asunder those things which Allah has commanded to be joined, and work mischief in the land;- on them is the curse; for them is the terrible home!

Mu'awiya's reneging on his promise proves that he was a accursed one and a hypocrite (munafiq). The peace treaty rather than prove the faith of Mu'awiya exposes him as a hypocrite.
We read in Tarikh ibn Asakir, Volume 13 page 280 Dhikr Hasan:

"After Hasan made peace with Mu'awiya, Malik ibn Dhumr said'You have blackened the face of the believers to which he [Hasan] replied'Don't say this! I feared that the Muslims would be exterminated from the earth. My desire is that some people will remain on the earth who will mention Islam to the people"
Tarikh ibn Asakir, Volume 13 page 280

Admin

Admin
Admin

I think u didnot read the rules of this forum..

click here:rules u all have to follow

plz follow the rules of this forum. Don't show ur hate here..

Admin note: If u again try to add (LA) with any sahaba then i have to follow point no 2..

http://islamistruth.webs.com

kalaam

The shias try to show that Hasan ra never rendered allegiance to Muawiya ra , but it was only peace treaty. The material for this, as in this case, is taken by the person from Answering-Ansar website. see www.aaunveiled.wordpress.com

Here is Al bidaya wa al Nihaya, which shows that it was not only a peace treaty, but Hasan ra rendered allegiance to Muawiya ra also.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

kalaam

Here are references from shia books

وقد بايعته ورأيت حقن الدماء خير من سفكها
Hasan ra says : I have given allegiance to him (i.e Muawiyah) and protecting blood is better than bloodshed.

kashaful ghummah, vol. 1, p. 571

وعن حنان بن سدير عن أبيه سدير عن أبيه عن أبي سعيد عقيصا قال: لما صالح الحسن بن علي بن أبي طالب معاوية بن أبي سفيان، دخل عليه الناس فلامه بعضهم على بيعته، فقال (ع): "ويحكم! ما تدرون ما عملت. والله للّذي عملت لشيعتي خير ممّا طلعت عليه الشمس أو غربت

When Hasan made peace agreement with Muawiya, some people came to him and criticized him for giving allegiance to him (i.e Muawiya), thus he (i.e Hasan) said : By God,this is good for our shiites more than on whatever the sun rises and sets.
http://www.aqaed.com/ahlulbait/books/maqalat-hasan/hasan02.htm

same is present in ihtijaj tibrisi, vol 2, p. 9

and in jila ul ayun vol. 1, p. 403 (in the persian edition)

it is also present in maqtal abi makhnaf, p. 2

his allegiance to Muawiya with the clear words bayah is also present in
Muruj uz zuhub, vol. 3, p. 7

and rijal kashi p. 102

kalaam

كتاب رجال الكشي صفحة 109 قيس بن سعد بن عبادة

http://www.al-shia.org/html/ara/book...i2/2.html#ch23

176- جبريل بن أحمد و أبو إسحاق حمدويه و إبراهيم ابنا نصير قالوا حدثنا محمد بن عبد الحميد العطار الكوفي عن يونس بن يعقوب عن فضيل غلام محمد بن راشد قال: سمعت أبا عبد الله (ع) يقول إن معاوية كتب إلى الحسن بن علي (ع) أن أقدم أنت و الحسين و أصحاب علي فخرج معهم قيس بن سعد بن عبادة الأنصاري و قدموا الشام فأذن لهم معاوية و أعد لهم الخطباء فقال يا حسن قم فبايع فقام فبايع ثم قال للحسين (ع) قم فبايع فقام فبايع ثم قال قم يا قيس فبايع فالتفت إلى الحسين (ع) ينظر ما يأمره فقال يا قيس إنه إمامي يعني الحسن (ع)

177- حدثني جعفر بن معروف قال حدثني محمد بن الحسين بن أبي الخطاب عن جعفر بن بشير عن ذريح قال: سمعت أبا عبد الله (ع) يقول دخل قيس بن سعد عبادة الأنصاري صاحب شرطة الخميس على معاوية فقال له معاوية بايع فنظر قيس إلى الحسن (ع) فقال أبا محمد بايعت فقال له معاوية أ ما تنتهي أما و الله إني فقال له قيس ما نسئت أما و الله لأن شئت لتناقصن فقال و كان مثل البعير جسيما و كان خفيف اللحية قال فقام إليه الحسن فقال له بايع يا قيس فبايع

ذكر يونس بن عبد الرحمن في بعض كتبه أنه كان لسعد بن عبادة ستة أولاد كلهم قد نصر رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) و فيهم قيس بن سعد بن عبادة و كان قيس أحد العشرة الذين لحقهم النبي (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) من العصر الأول ممن كان طولهم عشرة أشبار بأشبار أنفسهم و كان شبر الرجل منهم يقال إنه مثل ذراع أحدنا و كان قيس و سعد أبوه طولهما عشرة أشبار بأشبارهما و يقال إنه كان من العشرة خمسة من الأنصار و أربعة من الخزرج كلها و رجل من الأوس و سعد لم يزل سيدا في الجاهلية و الإسلام و أبوه و جده و جد جده لم يزل فيهم الشرف و كان سعد يجير فيجار و ذلك له لسؤدده و لم يزل هو و أبوه أصحاب إطعام في الجاهلية و الإسلام و قيس ابنه بعد على مثل ذلك

بحار الأنوار للمجلسي (1111 هـ) الجزء 44 صفحة 59 باب 19: كيفية مصالحة الحسن معاوية

http://www.al-shia.org/html/ara/book...ehar44/a5.html

قال أبو الفرج الأصفهاني: حدثني محمد بن أحمد: أبو عبيد عن الفضل بن الحسن البصري عن أبي عمرويه عن مكي بن إبراهيم عن السري بن إسماعيل عن الشعبي عن سفيان بن الليل قال أبو الفرج: وحدثني أيضا محمد بن الحسين الأشناني وعلي بن العباس عن عباد بن يعقوب عن عمرو بن ثابت عن الحسن بن الحكم عن عدي بن ثابت عن سفيان قال: أتيت الحسن بن علي ع حين بايع معاوية فوجدته بفناء داره وعنده رهط فقلت: السلام عليك يا مذل المؤمنين قال: وعليك السلام يا سفيان [ انزل ] فنزلت فعقلت راحلتي ثم أتيته فجلست إليه فقال: كيف قلت يا سفيان ؟ قال: قلت: السلام عليك يا مذل المؤمنين فقال: ما جر هذا منك إلينا ؟ فقلت: أنت والله بأبي أنت وأمي أذللت رقابنا حين أعطيت هذا الطاغية البيعة وسلمت الأمر إلى اللعين ابن آكلة الأكباد ومعك مائة ألف كلهم يموت دونك وقد جمع الله عليك أمر الناس .

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ ــــــــــ

أعيان الشيعة لمحسن الأمين (1371 هـ) الجزء7 صفحة 263

وروى أبو الفرج الأصبهاني في مقاتل الطالبيين خبر سفيان هذا بوجه أبسط يخالف ما مر بعض المخالفة فروى بعدة أسانيد عن سفيان بن أبي ليلى قال أتيت الحسن ابن علي حين بايع معاوية فوجدته بفناء داره وعنده رهط فقلت السلام عليك يا مذل المؤمنين فقال وعليك السلام يا سفيان ونزلت فعقلت راحلتي ثم أتيته فجلست إليه فقال كيف قلت يا سفيان قلت السلام عليك يا مذل المؤمنين فقال لم جرى هذا منك إلينا قلت أنت والله بأبي وأمي أذللت رقابنا أعطيت هذا الطاغية البيعة وسلمت الأمر إلى ابن آكلة الأكباد ومعك مائة ألف كلهم يموت دونك فقد جمع الله عليك أمر الناس فقال يا سفيان انا أهل بيت إذا علمنا الحق تمسكنا به واني سمعت عليا يقول سمعت رسول الله ص يقول لا تذهب الليالي والأيام حتى يجتمع أمر هذه الأمة على رجل واسع السرم ضخم البلعوم يأكل ولا يشبع لا ينظر الله إليه ولا يموت حتى لا يكون له في السماء عاذر ولا في الأرض ناصر وانه لمعاوية واني عرفت ان الله بالغ أمره ثم أذن المؤذن وقمنا على حالب يحلب ناقة فتناول الإناء فشرب قائما ثم سقاني وخرجنا نمشي إلى المسجد فقال لي ما جاء بك يا سفيان قلت حبكم والذي بعث محمدا بالهدى ودين الحق قال فابشر يا سفيان فاني سمعت عليا يقول سمعت رسول الله ص يقول يرد على الحوض أهل بيتي ومن أحبهم من أمتي كهاتين يعني السبابتين أو كهاتين يعني السبابة والوسطى إحداهما تفضل على الأخرى ابشر يا سفيان فان الدنيا تسع البر والفاجر حتى يبعث الله أمام الحق من آل محمد اه‍

for more, click here
http://www.alsrdaab.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49901

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum