Islam is truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to teaching true islam of ALLAH

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did Umer(ra) drank alcohol on his death bed! (nauzubillah)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin

Rafidis tendency is to slander on prophet’s companions with their bias judgments by twisting and concealing the real facts. Among their accusations is that Umer ra drank alcohol on his death bed. They give following evidences from Ahadith supporting their unjustifiable claim,

Rafidis Evidence:

Sunan Abu Daud Book 26, Number 3707:

"I knew that the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to keep fast. I waited for the day when he did not fast to present him the drink (nabidh), which I made in a pumpkin. I then brought it to him while it fermented. He said: Throw it to this wall, for this is a drink of the one who does not believe in Allah and the Last Day"."

Ahl'ul Sunnah's classical work Riyadh al Nadira Volume 2 page 351:

"Whilst on his deathbed, Umar became deeply affected by the wound and his physician asked Umar 'Which alcohol would you like to drink?' Umar said 'alcohol called nabidh is my preferred choice. This drink was then administered to Umar".

Let me here mention translation of some Arabic words to understand their meaning in order to comprehend them correctly according to the textual language.

خمر - مُسْكِر – (v) brew, ferment, raise, sour, intoxicant
(n) wine, port, vintage, inebriant, booze, red, boose
نبيذ – (n) wine

خمر means anything that is intoxicated and fermented.
نبيذ means wine or any liquid or drink which may be non intoxicating, mildly intoxicating, or possibly heavily intoxicating depending on the level of fermentation. Therefore Nabidh could be non-intoxicant or intoxicant.

Firstly let us analyze from Quran to know what is permissible and impermissible to take with regards to drink or liquid.

“يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِنَّمَا الْخَمْرُ وَالْمَيْسِرُ وَالْأَنْصَابُ وَالْأَزْلَامُ رِجْسٌ مِنْ عَمَلِ الشَّيْطَانِ فَاجْتَنِبُوهُ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ”
“O you who believe! Intoxicants and games of chance and (sacrificing to) stones set up and (dividing by) arrows are only an uncleanness, the Shaitan's work; shun it therefore that you may be successful” [5:90]

Any liquid or drink (Nabidh) that is intoxicant (الْخَمْرُ) is prohibited and other drinks (non-intoxicant) that are extracted from fruits like juices or syrups are permitted. Below Quranic verse is eminent that we can obtain intoxicant and also good nourishment from fruits. سَكَرًا intoxicant is Haram and other goodly provisions like juices (non-intoxicants) are Halal to use.

وَمِنْ ثَمَرَاتِ النَّخِيلِ وَالْأَعْنَابِ تَتَّخِذُونَ مِنْهُ سَكَرًا وَرِزْقًا حَسَنًا ۗ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَةً لِقَوْمٍ يَعْقِلُونَ
“And of the fruits of the palms and the grapes -- you obtain from them intoxication and (also) goodly provision (good nourishment); most surely there is a sign in this for a people who ponder” [16:67]

It is also clear from many Ahadith that Nabidh which is intoxicant is prohibited but the type of Nabidh which is free from fermentation is permissible to drink.

Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 4903
Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who amongst you drinks Nabidh should drink that (prepared either from) grapes alone, or from dates alone, or from unripe dates alone (and not by mixing them with one another).

Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 4904
Abu Qatada, on the authority of his father, reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said this: Do not prepare Nabidh by mixing nearly ripe dates and fresh dates together, and do not prepare Nabidh by mixing grapes and dates together, but prepare Nabidh from each (one of them) separately.

Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 4906
Abu Qatada reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not prepare Nabidh by mixing nearly ripe and fresh dates and do not prepare Nabidh by mixing together fresh dates and grapes, but prepare Nabidh out of each (one of them) separately.

There are hundreds of Ahadith like mentioned above where prophet (SAW) prohibited to use Nabidh that is prepared by mixing ripe dates with fresh or mixing them with grape because that mix ferments more quickly. There's natural yeast growing on the skin of grapes if mixing with dates (loads of sugar) causes fermentation to proceed at top speed but Nabidh that is prepared out of each one separately and is not fermented (intoxicated) then it is allowed to drink it. It is the main reason prophet of Allah rejected Nabidh that was prepared from pumpkin with fermentation (intoxication).

Sunan Abu Daud Book 26, Number 3707:

"I knew that the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to keep fast. I waited for the day when he did not fast to present him the drink (nabidh), which I made in a pumpkin. I then brought it to him while it fermented. He said: Throw it to this wall, for this is a drink of the one who does not believe in Allah and the Last Day"."

There are also many other Ahadith where prophet of Allah is reported to drink Nabidh.

Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 4976
Thumama (i. e. Ibn Hazn al-Qushairi) reported: I met 'A'isha and asked her about Nabidh (that was served to the Holy Prophet). 'A'isha called an Abyssinian maid (servant) and said: Ask her (about it) for it was he, who prepared the Nabidh for the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). The Abyssinian (maid-servant) said: I prepared Nabidh for him in a waterskin in the night and tied its mouth and then suspended it; and when it was morning he (the Holy Prophet) drank from it.

Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 4982
Anas reported: I served drink to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) in this cup of mine: honey, Nabidh, water and milk.

Dawud :: Book 26 : Hadith 3699
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
Safiyyah, daughter of Atiyyah, said: I entered upon Aisha with some women of AbdulQays, and asked her about mixing dried dates and raisins (for drink). She replied: I used to take a handful of dried dates and a handful or raisins and put them in a vessel, and then crush them (and soak in water). Then I would give it to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) to drink.

Dawud :: Book 26 : Hadith 3703 ***
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
Amrah said on the authority of Aisha that she would steep dates for the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) in the morning. When the evening came, he took his dinner and drank it after his dinner. If anything remained, she poured it out. She then would steep for him at night. When the morning came, he took his morning meal and drank it after his morning meal. She said: The skin vessel was washed in the morning and in the evening. My father (Hayyan) said to her: Twice a day? She said: Yes.

Prophet drank Nabith prepared out of dates which was not fermented or intoxicated. Now I ask Rafidis, are you also going to accuse prophet for drinking wine (Nadidh)? May Allah save us from such accusations. Prophet forbade to boil dates so much so that kernel are spoiled (A state of agitation or of turbulent change).

Dawud :: Book 26 : Hadith 3697
Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin:
Kabshah, daughter of AbuMaryam, asked Umm Salamah (Allah be pleased with her): What did the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) prohibit? She replied: He forbade us to boil dates so much so that the kernels are spoiled, and to mix raisins and dried dates.

Now Let us see how Umer was stabbed by a Persian slave and what was given to him by physician at his death bed?

Umer was stabbed by a Persian slave while he was performing Fajr Prayer, from the mosque Umer was carried home. When he regained consciousness he asked who his murderer was. He was told that his murderer was the Persian slave Firoz. Thereupon Umar said, "Praise be to Allah that I have not been murdered by a Muslim".

The physician administered him date cordial (Nadith without intoxicant) and milk. These could not be digested and gushed out of his wounds. That indicated that the wounds were fatal and that he could not survive for long.

Let me know show you the ugly face of Rafidhis and how they twist the meanings of words. According to Rafidis, Umar was asked by his physician which alcohol would you like to take and he said Nabidh. I don’t have any more doubt on Rafidis bending the meanings of original words. Ahl'ul Sunnah's classical work Riyadh al Nadira Volume 2 page 35 mentions that Umer was asked by physician which شراب would you like to take? He was not asked what خمر or سَكَرًا (intoxicant or alcohol) he would like to have? What is the meaning of شراب in Arabic (According to Arabic Dictionaries such as Babylon)?

شراب - n. Drink, drinkables, beverage, slop, syrup

Quran also used word شراب which never mean alcohol.
“يَخْرُجُ مِنْ بُطُونِهَا شَرَابٌ مُخْتَلِفٌ أَلْوَانُهُ فِيهِ شِفَاءٌ لِلنَّاسِ ۗ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَةً لِقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ”
“From its belly comes forth a (شراب) drink (honey) of many hues in which there is healing for people. Surely, in this there is a sign for a nation who reflect.”

Allah used word شَرَابٌ which means drink (honey in above case) and not alcohol. Woe to those who change the religion of Allah,
“فَوَيْلٌ لِلَّذِينَ يَكْتُبُونَ الْكِتَابَ بِأَيْدِيهِمْ ثُمَّ يَقُولُونَ هَٰذَا مِنْ عِنْدِ اللَّهِ لِيَشْتَرُوا بِهِ ثَمَنًا قَلِيلًا ۖ فَوَيْلٌ لَهُمْ مِمَّا كَتَبَتْ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَوَيْلٌ لَهُمْ مِمَّا يَكْسِبُونَ”
“Woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say: 'This is from Allah, ' in order to gain a small price for it. So woe to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for their earnings”

http://islamistruth.webs.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum